Students will discuss different kinds of communities and create brochures to demonstrate their learning.
Time Required: 80 minutes
- The student will be able to define what a community is
- The student will explore different features and characteristics of his/her community
- The student will create a brochure for his/her chosen community
- Discuss the components of various communities (ie urban, rural, suburban)
- Discuss why or how people choose to live where they do
- What is used to attract people to different communities such as brochures or magazines
- Discuss the components of a brochure and the expectations of your brochure design
Upload brochures (scanned or photographed as JPGs) to your class gallery!
- Pictures of family, school, cities, etc. - Construction paper - Markers - Crayons - Glue - Scissors - Pencils - Brochures
Resource Type:Lesson Plan
Subject(s):English / Language Arts, Global Studies,
Level:Primary / Elementary
Grade: 1 2 3 4 5
Web Pages Used
No comments have been posted yet. You could be first!
Please login to post a comment.