What Is Energy?
Energy is the capacity to make things move. Energy is available in two forms, kinetic and potential. Kinetic is active and found in heat, light, sound and motion. Potential energy is stored in coal, batteries or food, for example. In this lesson plan students will discuss what energy is and how they use it.
Time Required: 15-30 minutes
Students will know what energy is. Students will know the difference between good or bad energy choices for their bodies and their toys.
1. Gather students for circle time and show them types of energy.
2. Present the food students eat for snack or lunch. What kinds are healthy? What kinds are not?
3. Discuss how students feel before they have the snack to eat and after. How does their body use the food energy to create movement?
4. How does this relate to toys in the room? What “food” energy do they need to eat for
movement? Which toys use batteries, wind up or are electrical?
5. Discuss if these sources of energy are healthy or not.
No comments have been posted yet. You could be first!
Please login to post a comment.