This resource introduces water as an essential element in the life of all species. Students conduct experiments to understand the properties of salt water versus fresh water. By studying the changing habitat of the polar bear, students learn about the impact of global warming and its effects on the world’s glaciers, oceans, and fresh water. Students learn how important Canada’s fresh water supply is to the world. Activities encourage them to question their daily practices, consider ways to conserve water, and take steps to reduce pollution.
Time Required: 1-3 lessons
1) Read Our Most Valuable Resource (see attached)
2) Have the students complete the following lessons, depending on interests, level and skills:
- Salt Water vs Fresh Water (see attached)
- Living with Water: Polar Bears (see attached)
- Mapping our Water (see attached)
- Case Study (see attached)
3)See the Schools for a Living Planet link to access quizzes, supplemental projects and links to online games and additional resources
No comments have been posted yet. You could be first!
Please login to post a comment.